The Children’s Health Fund is inviting organisations that want to provide good food as part of holiday learning, play and activity programmes to apply for grants of between £1,000 and £5,000.
Applications will be considered from registered charities, CIOs, schools, hospitals, housing associations, community groups, local authorities, churches and youth groups.
To be eligible, clubs must:
- Provide meals that align with the food and drink requirements (ie, School Food Standards England 2015) and other term time regulations (eg, food hygiene, food labelling).
- Include enrichment activities such as sports, art and crafts, growing etc.
- Provide holiday food provision for a minimum of three days a week over four weeks.
- Implement relevant policies (e.g. health and safety, safeguarding, pastoral).
- Demonstrate a local partnership is in place which includes a representative from the Local Authority and/or health board.